5 AUDACIOUS and CREATIVE WAYS to reach your goals
Overcoming Human nature and other stumbling blocks
1. BOB = Bum On ‘Bankie’. Procrastination is the mother of all evil. I have spent more time and energy on finding convincing excuses for not writing that book than I have writing. Then, while in the midst of household predicaments, adolescent foster child upsets, general penury, and a summer from hell when every insect that sucks blood, bites and stings descended, I wrote a whole book in the space of three weeks – because a deadline loomed. Let’s face it folks, as a species we do not really pray until forced to our knees, diet before we only have one pair of stretched tracksuit pants left that we fit into, or install solar panels unless ESKOM lets us down. Do what you want/have to do NOW! The eventual goal starts with the first step.
2. BAG= Be Always generous. Do more than what is asked for. Walk the extra mile. This way you will keep the joy and spirit of abundance in your task. Nobody has a mediocre goal – keep your eye on it, and you will not get bogged down in suspicion and make yourself small and grasping.
3. AND= Avoid Negative Drips. It is all good and well to believe that you should know who you are sufficiently to not be discouraged by people that denigrate your ideas or are critical of your methods, but who is that confident, really? If you feel that some people drain your energy, steer clear of them.
4. BAT= Be Accountable Trooper. It is easy to blame others for things going wrong, but even if some culpability is required, one cannot force others to acknowledge their share. The best way to move forward is to shoulder the accountability fully. Then others may do so too, but successful people have more often than not become so in spite of the inadequacies of others. Persevere! Blame is counter-productive.
SHOUT OUT LOUD
5. BAFOF= Ban All Fear Of Failure. “Bafof” – nice word! Well, it isn’t a word but it should be. “Oh bafof, you gremlins that erode my faith!” Effective people are not afraid to fail. If you read the biographies of successful people you will see that they have all failed at some point, learnt from their mistakes, and overcome disasters. You can too. Just do not not reach for you goals because there is a chance of failure.
Summary of 5 audacious tips to reach your goals: BOB, BAG AND BAT shout BAFOF!
Author: Suenel Bruwer Holloway
Author: Suenel Bruwer Holloway is a playwright, poet, speech writer, translator and editor as well as guest writer. She specializes in satirical social commentary, the arts, education, book reviews and three course picnics. She comes from a long line of hat wearers.
Suenel is available for guest posts and can be contacted at the e-mail address provided.